20/20 Eye Care makes it a policy to ensure that all staff members are up-to-date on the latest technology and techniques to make your visit as comfortable and effective as possible. As optometric technology changes, it is even more important to select an eye doctor who has all the right optometry qualifications and follows the latest developments in eye care.
Utilizing cutting edge technology, we are diagnosing and managing, with greater precision, diseases like Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration Cataracts, and Diabetic Retinopathy. Earlier and more precise diagnosis means earlier treatment and better outcomes. We are taking an aggressive approach to diseases that previously had few treatment options. Great advances have been made in the treatment of these diseases.
- Cataracts are a common cause of vision loss after age 55. Learn more about recognizing cataract symptoms, protecting your eyes and understanding cataract surgery.
- When you visit our eye care clinic in Mineola and Middle Village, NY, Dr. Melania Napolitano will assess the condition of your cornea, checking for corneal degenerations, corneal dystrophies, keratoconus, astigmatism, and corneal scarring.
- Glaucoma is a condition that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time, so nipping it in the bud will always be better for the person being tested.
- The macula is the portion of the retina which provides sharp, central vision, and is involved in processing the fine details of the image. The breakdown of the macula is a disease called macular degeneration.
- Diabetes and vision go hand in hand. If you have diabetes, you need to know that having this systemic disease puts you at greater risk for developing vision problems.